Friday 1 January 2010

Random photo of the day



If you're a regular reader, you may well be here for today's Dan's Daily Desktop. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to bring you bad news.

Along with the new year I'm endeavouring to become a better 'netizen' and it's time to acknowledge that I've been getting away with posting other people's photos without permission for far too long and it's time to shape up. As a result, I've deleted all the past daily desktops.

For those of you who still want your daily fix, I recommend visiting the website from which I've been drawing every daily desktop, Skins.be. I'm sure you're familiar with it already.

There will be times when I do post other people's photos here, but only if something can genuinely be regarded as fair use or if, for example, it's a promo image released in connection with a TV show or movie release and I provide appropriate backlinks.

I still want to post something visual here every day, so will be replacing the girls with a 'random photo of the day', like the above, that has been taken with my own camera. They will be truly randomly selected, so some will be terrible, but there's some fun to be had in that. Clicking the photo will give you a 1600x1200 (or indeed 1200x1600) version.

Today's photo was taken last January in the snow at a reservoir near to my home here in Breaston, Derbyshire. The dog is Zac, my border collie.

No comments: