Tuesday 1 January 2008

About me, about this blog



My name is Dan Brusca, I'm 34 and live in Derbyshire in the UK. I advise people on how they can attract more visitors to their websites and use the internet to sell their products and services without resorting to spam. I also do some web design work and some share trading.

The purpose of this blog is to write about things that interest me. I often read that the key to a successful blog is to stick to one subject, but I don't buy into that. Sure, that's the way to do it if you want to try and make a living from your blog, but I don't. I just hope that in passing-by you'll find a link or two of interest and go on a journey as a result, however short.

You'll find I often hold contradictory opinions on things and sometimes my personal conduct doesn't meet the standards of my public pronouncements, but that doesn't really make me different from anyone else. We're all flawed and we all have our own little hypocricies.

Politically, I'm a Liberal Democrat. Until recently I was a Conservative supporter, but unfortunately my views and Tory policy (or lack of such policy) have led to a parting of the ways. The Tories now pay mere lip service to things I consider important, such as individual freedom, opposition to censorship and a smaller state, whereas the Liberal Democrats have real policies in these areas.

Spiritually, I'm an evangelical Christian. Don't be put off by the evangelical tag though. At the core of evangelism is the belief that it's in anyone's gift to spread the word of God, not just members of the clergy. Evangelists liberate God's word from the established churches. Don't worry, I won't try and convert you, but if you want to talk about faith, I'm all ears.

My other interests include TV and movies, hiking, art, photography and architecture. I like watching football (Notts County fan!), snooker and ladies' tennis. I'm also a sponsorand supporter of the Old Vic theatre in London.

If you would like to get in touch, you can email me at mail2@danbrusca.co.uk or find me @Twitter - http://twitter.com/danbrusca

No comments: