Tuesday 14 July 2009

5 Live music reviews

Did the music reviews on Victoria Derbyshire's BBC Radio 5 Live show yesterday.

I think I did OK, though I may have fluffed my criticism of the Dan Black album, but never mind. It's a difficult thing to participate in because before you go on air, the producer tells you to treat it like a conversation and chip whenever you like. However, because I was at the Radio Derby studio and everyone else was in London, it's really quite hard to jump in without talking over someone. You can't see the visual cues that people typically give off when they're about to say something, which puts you at a disadvantage.

That said, I did quite enjoy it and would be more confident if I did anything like that again.

You can download the podcast here. Should be available until next Monday morning.

BBC Radio Derby reception:


The 'studio' I was in:

No comments: