Tuesday 10 June 2008

Watched yesterday

The Late Show - Liv Tyler is a lovely woman, but she has the nobbliest knees I've ever seen - 4/5

Derren Brown: Trick or Treat
: Episode 2.5 - Derren gives a guy confidence. A bit meh, really, but the coda was interesting - 3/5

MTV Cribs: Danielle Lloyd - I don't normally watch this show, but I do enjoy coveting posh celebrity homes. It's just that as MTV isn't in my TV Guide, it's programmes don't really exist to me. Anyway, I happened upon this a a couple of week ago when randomly flicking through the channels and recorded it on timeshift. Danielle's crib isn't all that posh really. It's juts a two bedroom apartment in a seemingly non-descript development. Quite small inside, even it's number - 33 - is unspectacular. However, she has a keen eye for interior design and it looks like all her furnishings are custom-made. Perhaps surprisingly, she doesn't have that big a clothes collection, perhaps due to the size of the apartment, but I get the impression she isn't overly showy anyway. Sure, she likes expensive handbags and jewellery, but she doesn't go for garish bling. Her choices are tasteful, not overly ostentatious. Of course, she has an expensive car, but even here she has eschewed the obvious model and WAG's choice of a sports car for a Bentley convertible. It says 'yes, I'm doing well for myself, but I have class'. Good work, Dani - 4/5

Doctor Who: Silence In The Library - as always, Doctor Who is elevated by the imagination of Steven Moffat - 4/5

Warship: Episode 3 - very likeable documentary series, this one - 4/5

The Big Bang Theory: The Tangerine Factor - good end to the first season - 4/5

No comments: