Sunday 24 May 2009

Rosamund Pike

Pleasantly surprised to see Rosamund Pike on the cover of this week's Observer Magazine, together with an interview by Lynn Barber.

There's a special place in my heart for Miss Pike. One day in early 2007 I was leafing through the Guardian's G2 supplement when an ad for Gaslight at the Old Vic caught my eye. It was based around this striking photo...


I remembered that I had been impressed by Pike's glacial beauty as Miranda Frost in Die Another Day. Also, I had good memories of watching the 1944 film version with my dad when I was younger and the pair of us being completely caught-up in the mystery of it.

So I went ahead and made a booking - the first time I had been to a theatre since I was a small child - and the rest, as they say, is history. I fell in love with the place, have seen everything they've put on since and am now a benefactor of the theatre, none of which would have happened were it not for Rosamund Pike.

No comments: