Friday 31 October 2008

Last week's X Factor

Sorry, I am sooooo late commenting on last Saturday's X Factor. Most remiss of me. Not, of course, that you care, but if its OK with you I'll press like you do anyway :D

Big Band week then. Not my favourite week. I just don't see the attraction. You usually end up with the band drowning out the singers...

Main performances:

Scott Bruton - I think he was somewhat flattered by the band, but still better than previous performances - 3/5

Daniel Evans - OK, nothing more, still won't win - 3/5

Laura White - another good performance. Roll on week 4 - 4/5

Eoghan Quigg - competent - 3/5

Ruth Lorenzo - I can't remember what she sang, but I do remember that I enjoyed it. Quite sexy too - 4/5

Alexandra Burke - her weakest performance yet, thought the judges thought she was great. Polished but I didn't like the song much - 3/5

Austin Drage - can't remember it, but I noted down a '3' in my notebook.

JLS - not liking boy bands, I found myself rather enjoying this performance. I like how they stage their performances - 4/5

Diana Vickers - three full-mark performances on the bounce. You know things are going well when the judges give a standing ovation. Just wonderful - 5/5



Rachel Hylton - that's more like it. Rachel return to the kind of songs she's good at - 4/5

Sing-off:

Scott Bruton - showed nothing to indicate he could win and consequently deserved to go. Acted like a mardy baby when told he was out and came close to the audience turning on him. Back to Pontins, methinks - 2/5

Daniel Evans - saved, surprisingly, by a teary Louis, but although he has to go eventually, he did do the better performance against Scott so did deserve to have another week of relative fame - 3/5

Disco is the theme tomorrow night. Here's the latest betting on outright winner...

Diana Vickers - 7/4 (yay!)
Laura White - 10/3
Alexandra Burke - 4/1
Austin Drage - 7/1
Eoghan Quigg - 8/1
JLS - 10/1
Rachel Hylton - 14/1
Ruth Lorenzo - 20/1
Daniel Evans - 100/1

No comments: