Monday 7 July 2008

Incompetent company of the day - O2

An occasional feature in which I moan about a shit company.

Today's recipient is O2, who have comprehensively managed to cock-up the launch of the new iPhone 3G. After spending the past month asking people to pre-register their interest in buying a new iPhone, they today opened up the site so all those people who had pre-registered could pre-order their phones ahead of the official launch on Friday.

It therefore comes as something as a surprise that they ran out of stock within a couple of hours of the O2 store going live. So lets get this straight. They knew exactly how many people had pre-registered, so knew how many phones they should order, yet still somehow managed to run out of stock. Some big brains they have at O2.

I sent a typically moaning email and got a reply back saying I should try again on Thursday or go and register an interest at an O2 shop. Sorry, but no. I'm not running around after their incompetent asses. I replied saying that if they want the £2,400 a year I currently spend with Orange, they can call me when they have the phone I want. I don't think for second that they will, but that in a way vindicates me. Why should I give my money to a company that won't even pick up a phone and give me a call?

No comments: